Thursday, November 10, 2011

Knowing

Knowing When to Change Course
Every plan is in theory perfect until it you put action to it. Flexibility here is a main ingredient for success.

The simple fact of the matter is that life happens, circumstances happen, and even the most organized plan will get blown out of the water.

You have two options at that point.
  1. Keep those blinders on, pretend all is okay and push ahead with the plan as it is and in the case of food, likely feel  as though you are suffering, deprived or a failure.OR
  2. Adapt the plan to fit your reality.

Either way, you have to decide which is the better way to go and more importantly, you have to decide at what point you start listening to everything that is going on around you in order to make the necessary changes to keep the plan moving in the direction you want it to go.

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. 
Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. 
And out of hope, progress.  ~Bruce Barton



This does not mean 'cave in' and return to old habits or ways that are more comfortable and definitely unhealty, this means evaluate and make a conscious choice. It is a choice that you will have to be responsible for the consequences whether negative or positive. It is your guidance system ;).

Non-WOD day
Breakfast
Cottage cheese w/ cinnamon
Here is my adaptability. I have switched from Whole30 to Primal guidelines. I do not usually incorporate dairy into my diet unless it is butter/ghee or yogurt maybe a little keifer. So figured it perfect when following W30v5, but I have to listen to my 'thinger' and it is telling me to get some fermented foods in. So, cultured cottage cheese it was today. Really?! This does not mean I won't flex back to W30v5 guidelines. I really like the program and will keep all packages, sugars etc out. To me this was a simple tweak for the day.

Snack
Damn paleo muffins ;) just one with ghee
No sugar, but I think I am going to have to shout out cheat on these soon. Time to know and stay away.
Hard boiled eggs


Small lifting work, mainly technique on Powerlifts. Can't call it a workout but need to hydrate ;).
Coconut water - yum

Lunch
Cranberry tuna leftovers
Gala apple
Water

Dinner
85% lean ground beef w/thyme, cayenne & garlic (really simple), over sauerkraut and steamed spinach (yes, hubby bought a HUGE bag of spinach, so it will be in my meals all week)!
Perrier

Before bed
Peppermint tea

I think I ran about 42%P, 20%C, 38%F on this one. I will get to doing some logging on Livestrong.com and check it out. Overall feel good. Water intake could be better. I will start logging that into my daily program too, since I am not actually tracking it, but this time of year I get lazy because the weather is so much cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment