Get out a log, piece of paper, journal or something to take some notes on.
- If you normally weigh yourself every day, this will be the last day until the end of the month.
- If you do not know what your body measurements are, take those today too. You'll need a soft or flexible measuring tape.
- If you don't know what health indicators are...measure these Calculator for W2H ratio, BMI, BMR and use the Harris Benedict Formula on the same page to figure caloric intake w/exercise.
- If you haven't had a check up lately or don't usually check up...go to your local grocery/drug store and take your blood pressure. Note you pulse rate and/or beats per minute.
- If you have had labwork done, cool, if not you will want to consider it once a year. You can go through directlabs.com and get the Comprehensive Wellness Profile (it runs $97). You will want to order this after you make your lifestyle changes closer to the end of the year.
- If you have no idea how many calories or what ratio of nutrients you eat. Start tracking. You won't have to do this daily but for 3-4 days enter all of your food and beverage into Livestrong.com or FitDay.com and get a feel for where you are. Then every week enter for a couple of days too. One weekend day and a few during the week.
- Okay, here's the biggie...take a picture ;). Smile! Take some before pictures of yourself or a video if you like.
We'll take the measurements again and look at the comparison post program!